Saturday, January 9, 2010

Gossip, Drama, and Intrigue

Otherwise known as work.

Honestly folks, what's up with people?

Why can't you just show up on time, ready to work?

Why don't we take care of the morning rush before wandering off for coffee, breakfast, Dr's appointments, gossip, etc. etc. etc.

I too, would like to get a mocha and a big water (oh that's right, I got those before sitting at my computer).

And seriously, unless I ask you why you're walking funny, I don't want to hear about your ingrown toenail. The puss, the agony.

No, I don't want to hear about your clubbing, your exciting sex life. I really don't need a detailed blow by blow account. My imagination can fill in the blanks.

And most of all:

I don't feel the need to gossip. If you want to engage in a little complaining, fine. We work close together and it is a bit incestuous. But please don't expect me to get in the mud and get personal. It's not going to happen.

I just want to do my thing, maybe have a few laughs. If I can make the day a little more pleasant for a patient in pain, even better.

But that's it.

Let's recap, shall we?

1. On time
2. Efficient
3. Quiet
4. Stay
5. Leave at your appointed time

That about covers it. Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I hear that! Mine is not so much the co-workers as the customers! They call in and start explaining how a week ago so & so's grandson was at the house on the computer and now it doing blahblahblah..."So, you need to speak to someone in Tech Support? I'll transfer you." I SO don't care about the hows or whys I just want to get your call where it needs to go. Cuz really? I can't help you!
    Whew! Thanks. I guess I needed to get that off my chest!

    ReplyDelete