Monday, March 1, 2010

You call this pizza??

So still sick. I took the day off to get extra sleep and to check out Jenny Craig.

Aetna has an offer for a free 30 day program so I thought I would give it a shot. While I have had a lot of success with Weight Watchers in the past, I haven't been motivated. It's now March and I'm the heaviest I've ever been.

1st impressions:

The girl wasn't too happy that I wasn't willing to fork over almost $400 for a one year program. Sorry chickie, doesn't work that way. What if I don't like your program? What if I don't like your food? No mention of the 20 pounds for $20 that is advertised. Mhmmmmmm.

Good thing I've taken Marketing.

Also, when you're attempting to sell something, frequent phone calls are a No-No. Just sayin'

The sad thing is that years ago when I was easily embarrased and wanted people to like me I would have felt pressured into signing for it. I wouldn't want to appear cheap or unwilling to commit to my goals.

Now that I'm aged to perfection (like that?) I'm not quite as gullible or eager to please. And unless you expect me to strip naked for the "before" pic, I'm not going to be embarrased either.

Also, $138 for one week of food? In teeny tiny pacs? We'll see how this plays out as well.

Had my first meal for lunch: the personal pizza. Bland as hell, made me want to reach for a Lean Cuisine.

Like I said, I commited myself to a month. If I don't lose a nice amount of weight I guess I will go back to Weight Watchers.

Seriously, though, I hate their frickin' meetings! I don't want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah. (No they don't really do that, but they might as well)

4 comments:

  1. Yvette...I found you when you stopped by my blog and I can tell already that I love you....please keep in touch.
    Love, Lo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvette, my dear....I have read every word you have blogged and I am totally yours......you write wonderfully well and I will gladly read you on any subject you chose to honor.

    I too hate Weight Watchers......all that fake togetherness, plus the last time I quit them forever it was because their solution for staying on course over the holidays was to wear clothing that was too tight when you went to holiday feasts. Ugh! What an utterly revolting suggestion. By the way, I am 82 and have lost at least 500 lbs in my life....the same 40 lbs over and over and over. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Lo.

    I'm sure I have lost at least a small platoon of weight as well. Pretty much the same 40 pounds.

    Thankfully the kid inherited her father's metablism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my humble blog - I'm returning the favor. I can't believe you are blogging about Jenny Craig - I got SUCKED in to that place and spent a fortune and lost about 12 whole flipping pounds. When I stopped the program I gained back the weight. I have been a former Weight Watcher and my friends are having success w/the program so TONIGHT I go and sign up again at a WW meeting. I don't like the meeting idea either, but I think I need the discipline of showing up somewhere - and I like the idea behind WW and REAL FOOD. So good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete