Saturday, March 6, 2010

You Know That's Why It's Called Work?

While I know I really have only been sick for about 10 days it has felt like forever. Once upon a time I had a fairly strong immune system, but since I started working at my new job I seem to have caught just about every bug that has come my way.

Mind you, I took Microbiology many moons ago and am a fanatic about disinfecting. I mean fanatic. That's one of those courses that stuck out in my head even after I stopped taking care of patients. You want your work space sterile? I'm your girl.

Anyway, I have been a bit crabby. Well, maybe a little more than a bit.

I've felt poorly and add that with many, many policy changes at work, and it makes for bad morale.

I'm sure this has spilled over into my performance (or lack thereof). I have been fortunate that everyone has attributed this to my being sick and has pretty much written off my crankiness.

But it has to stop.

Cause and Effect takes no prisoners. Or is that Karma is a bitch? One or the other, or both.

So....I plan to take a Benadryl tonight so I have a solid night's sleep and plan to do some housekeeping tomorrow. On both my home and my attitude.

Come Monday, Mama's back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! A new work place is a whole new set of germs for your body to attack. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great plan AND attitude to me!
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't despair....the depression that follows that bug you are talking about DOES finally go away and lets you smile again.

    I had it thru most of February but I am OK now and laughing once more (where appropriate). Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete