Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm Alive!

I am, I am. While I promised myself I would post at least once a week, life got in the way as it is wont to do.

Lor and Vlad had a pretty good time in the Dominican Republic. She said the beaches were beautiful, but they weren't too happy with the whole "all inclusive" promises from the resort. Live and Learn. At least now they don't have to return and he will stop bugging her about it.

While they were gone I condo and cat sat. (sitted, whatever). That ended up being a little more involved than I had anticipated.

I woke up at 2 am (my usual) the first night to find a few inches of water on their bathroom floor. It seems the tiolet had been running all night and I didn't hear it due to my hearing loss. I threw towels on the floor (which I had just washed the day before) and shut off the valve for the water.

The following morning I went to work with the intention of dealing with the problem that evening.

After researching on the internet, I figured the stopper thing (I'm no bloody plumber here!) was not fitting properly. I bought a plunger for good measure (and why didn't they have one?)

When I arrive back at the condo, there is a note from the owner of the condo below theirs saying that there had been water leaking from their ceiling.

BUT, OF COURSE

I was afraid of that. I assured the tenants and the owner that the problem was being fixed. Of course the owner looked at me like I was nuts. Why was I cat-sitting? Why was I condo sitting?

Don't ask why, you idiot. You're lucky I was here or the damage would have been much worse.

Anyway, the SgtMaj replaced the guts to the tank and the problem is fixed.

Cost: $12.95. Damage to the downstairs condo? Who knows....I'm just the cat sitter.

I didn't sleep much all week, every new noise woke me up, and the cat meowed constantly. Thank God I'm deaf!


On another subject: Work was brutal all week. We were down to 50% of our regular staff. Needless to say I need a break.

I promise to post a few pics later showing the bedroom changes. Paint change that is. Nothing drastic, but a lot more soothing.

Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment