Friday, April 9, 2010

Blessed Friday

Soooo.....

I am alive (couldn't use that title again so soon). Long couple of weeks at work, decided to take a mental health day (albeit without pay).

I think I've complained about this before, but I have somehow become the resident Psychiatrist at work. Everyone tells me their problems, and I mean everyone. Co-workers, bosses, the chick in the cafeteria. (Did I ever mention that I'm not very sociable?)

I truly know where all the bodies are buried. And who is having problems with their spouses, children, bowels and whatever else they can come up with.

While I am flattered that people trust me with their secrets, it is tiring. Very tiring.

And let's not even get started with the backstabbing and gossip.

So, pay or no pay I needed some time alone for a few hours.

To balance my checkbook.

To paint my poor neglected nails.

To go to Whole Foods and fondle the produce.

To talk to myself even.

Ahhhhh. Because you know, I have the best secrets of all.

Have a good Friday. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment