Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Randomness

**Warning**This post really doesn't have a point, it's just my thoughts at 3am this morning.

I think I'm a pretty good person. I try to treat others with dignity, I respect others' faiths and customs even if I don't understand them. As long as you don't run amok and hurt someone, I'm cool with it. Go head and pursue your happiness.

I worked geriatics and hospice for years...letting patients into my hearts and doing my best to ease their pains.
I regularly give to charity. If I have cash in the car I give some to the homeless man at the stop light....it's not my place to question if he really is homeless, if the money is going to feed his addictions. That is between him and his god.

I have volunteered my time to endless Scouting and school functions. I have helped the reading programs at the elementary school and been a Key Volunteer for the Marine Corps.

I pay my taxes, albeit grudgingly. (And isn't albeit a cool word? I love the sound of it. I wish I could use it more)

I am a generous mother and sister. I try to be a good wife. (Admittedly this is a tough one)

Until recently we never owned our own home. I have lost count of the number of rental properties that we have lived in from one corner of the country to the other. Military life is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.
And every single time, we have left the place spotless. It never occurred to me to do anything else.

I am an overly generous tipper. If I receive bad service I am reluctant to complain...for I have worked tedious manual jobs in the past and know how tiring it is to deal with the public.

I think puppies and kittens are cute. I support the ethical treatment of animals.
I try my very best to live as green as possible.

What's the point of this? I don't know...I just keep thinking about the condition of the apartment. I am honestly hurt that people (supposedly family friends, no less) would leave it so messed up. Why would someone do that? It's not like we are rich, putting down the common man. We don't make anything after we pay all of the bills..we have tried really hard to take care of the place after Mother's death.

I am just so tired. Tired of playing by the rules. Tired of paying my taxes. Tired of paying my bills and never getting ahead.

Bah.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I have a job, a home, a family.

I am immensely grateful I live in a country where I am allowed to practice my faith. To be a free woman that is not stoned for committing adultry (not that I have or plan to, mind you). My parents didn't sell me to the highest bidder. I wasn't abused as a girl, but rather loved to the best of their ability.

I have a beautiful, funny intelligent daughter whom I adore.

A husband that loves me and has put up with my sarcasm, pessimism, moodiness etc. and has loved me for 30 years in spite of it.

I have a nice home, a wonderful sister....faithful lifelong friends.

I am relatively healthy.

I'll shut up now. Have a good day

1 comment:

  1. Great thinking for 3am and I also get frustrated trying to be one of the good guys.

    ReplyDelete