Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where's Ethel When You Need Her?

We've been staying at Staybridge Suites for the last week while the great bathroom rehab begins. (Before pics soon). While the breakfast fare has been a bit lacking, the hotel is comfortable and extremely clean.

Maybe a little too clean now....

I decided to do a little laundry last night (free, btw). They had brand new front loading washers and since I was still reeling over the fact that they were free, I didn't read all of the little stickers posted on the washer.

Like the sticker that said to only use 1/2 the regular amount of detergent.

Yep, that one.

So when I returned to switch everything there was soap suds oozing from the washer. And I mean oozing.

So I think I can just fix it myself by grabbing a few towels from the pool.

No, that didn't work.

I finally had to admit defeat and throw myself on the mercy of the front desk clerk.

And I made the Sgt Maj finish it since I was too embarrased to show my face again.

It took three washings to get all the detergent out.

All I needed at that point was Ethel.

No comments:

Post a Comment